Pages

Airline Review: Flying Golden Myanmar Airways

Monday, August 25, 2014

This weekend I took an impromptu trip to Singapore and it was goooood. I can see why people would want to live there. I forgot how it feels to live in a metropolitan city.

I got there via last minute booking and was only able to get Golden Myanmar. A little suspicious at first I was hesitant to fly it. But when you're desperate for a getaway you don't care and jump on what's available. Here's my review of my experience flying with Golden Myanmar Airways.


It considers itself a budget airline. I did not know this as my "promotion" round-trip ticket cost me $200. On par with what Singapore Airline was offering at that time... Maybe on a more high-end range of budget airlines

The seats are pretty comfortable. Not too tight even for a plus-size-gal like myself.
My luggage got to me with nothing missing. Edit: Some people might see 0kg for baggage. Don't fret. I strongly suggest you call GM and enquire regarding this. They're a budget airline and so may charge per luggage. I got one free 20KG checked luggage due to promotion. So please check with the airline before packing for your trip. You may just need to jam it all in one or have two separate bags, depending on how much you decide to bring with you.
Take offs are a bit rocky so I don't recommend people flying for the first time to take this...
Food options are great but you have to pay for it. It's a "budget" airline.
Staff (at counter and air hostesses) are friendly and helpful. I requested a seat change on the return and she nicely provided me one.
No segregation of class. To my knowledge.

The biggest issue I had with was how they request people to sit. I notice that if you check in early you get sent to the back... not such a good thing... though it could just be a pet peeve of mines.

Overall, it was good. Would I fly again? Depends. Basically I will try to get MAI or SILK over GM.

Comment below and let me know of your experience, or if you have any queries I'll be happy to find out for you and answer.

Till next time!

1 comment:

  1. Jam Air Express
    am Air flights check-in 20 minutes prior to departure time for scheduled flights and 15 minutes for charter flights.

    ReplyDelete