Pages

Cinema Review: Shwe Baho (YGN)

Tuesday, December 23, 2014


Shwe Baho is a theatre that has been around for a while. Located next to the Tamwe Plaza it was run down, unclean, abandoned and dying. Mega Ace Cineplex refurbished it and had a grand opening for it December 12, 2014. But not enough Press coverage. I only knew of it when my coworker/friend told me about a "new" cinema and how it now looks better than before.

And so curiosity ensued and I scheduled a movie plan with friends and we went to watch the Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. Luckily it was showing there and at this point I was sick of the other theatres (particularly Junction Square cinemplex - more on this later).

Truth be told I didn't know where it was, just roughly where it was... that got confusing. Got on a taxi (fingers crossed) and just told the driver "Shwe Baho Movie Theatre" which luckily they knew (and I hoped they knew because its not something new just revamped). The driver told me we had reached the destination and I was pleasantly surprised by the exterior. It was totally modernized and though its not a cineplex (2 shouldn't count as a cineplex) it gave that feel. Here's my review of the place.

  • The tickets are the same as other theatres: 1500 - 3000 Kyats. ($1.5 - 3 at $1 to 1000 Kyats).
  • The food concierge was a little disappointing (bring your own snack of choice).
  • The 3D glasses frame was comfortable for even nose bridge-less person like me.
  • The seats range were a little too low for the huge ass screen. I was in the second last row.
  • The seats are relatively comfortable and the entrance to the row isn't from the middle! AWESOME.
  • The Air Conditioner is FREEZING COLD. Bring your jacket in case.

    The movie was good and so was the screen. Would I come back? Perhaps if movies aren't showing at San Pya or Dagon Centre 2.

    Hope you find this review useful in helping you decide whether or not to watch it. I'll update this post with pictures next time.

    To find out movie times and make bookings please call this number:
    Shwe Baho: 01-554383
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment